"Il tempo è tiranno" we say in Italy: Time is a hard master. And yes, if time is an issue and you want to devote only a few days of your vacation to a short and more budget-minded biking adventure, here is your opportunity. "Short and budget" does not, however, mean giving up spectacular biking, amazing food and fantastic wine tasting. Rest assured that nothing gets sacrificed on this tour. Just the best of the best of the Chianti Classico region concentrated in 3 days you won't soon forget. Oh, and did we mention there's also a truly top notch cooking class included? Read on to discover the best for less.
$1680 per person
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
- Distance traveled: 10-30 miles per day
- Area: Chianti Classico
- Nearest city: Florence/Siena
- Places visited: Castellina, Badia a Passignano, Siena
- Tour type: Road touring
- Bike type: Hybrid
- Season: April - October
- Number of participants: 2-8
- Minimum age: 14
- Fully guided: yes
- Support vehicles: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
From Florence you’ll be driven for about 30 kms to our special inn, La Canonica di Cortine, in the heart of the Chianti Classico region. Born of the careful and delicate restoration of a part of the ancient Castle of Cortine, this Bed & Breakfast is set among rolling hills, endless vineyards and olive groves. Rustic but elegant, it's Tuscany countryside living the way you've always imagined it. After you settle in, experience a warm up ride through the vineyards and your first taste of the Tuscan hills!
Dinner: At the fabulous La Locanda di Pietracupa
A wonderful loop ride from Canonica di Cortine will take us to Badia a Passignano, a medieval Abbey built around the year 1000, set in the center of vinyards and olive groves. After a visit, we continue riding along small cypress-lined country roads, passing through quaint typical Tuscan villages. Back at your inn in time for a swim and a cooking class led by our charming and much-loved Tuscan chef, Rosanna. There is so much to learn from her -- the Julia Child of Tuscan cusine!
Dinner: You will dine on the delicious dinner (and dessert) you've prepared with your master chef -- accompanied by lovely Tuscan wines, of course!
Today you'll spin through the hills of the Chianti countryside along some of the most idyllic cypress and olive tree-lined roads in Tuscany. Visit the charming medieval town of Castellina in Chianti before stopping off for a tasting at Fonterutoli, one of the area's top wineries. Then continue your adventure towards Siena where you'll have time on your own to explore its beautiful ancient streets, have lunch and perhaps enjoy a gelato in the famous Piazza del Campo. No need to conserve energy. You'll relax in the van for the return trip to Florence (or surrounding area).
- Pick up/drop off in Florence or surroundings
- Accommodations at Bed & Breakfast, La Canonica di Cortine
- All breakfasts, cold drinks and snacks along the way
- One dinner with unrestricted menu (wine not included)
- Van support and baggage transfers
- Cooking class with dinner
- Winery tour and Chianti Classico wine tasting
- 27-speed high quality hybrid bikes, helmets, water bottles and handlebar bags
- Small groups for personalized service