VAL D'ORCIA DREAM
Lone cypresses, lunar landscape, golden ochre... This is "Terra di Siena,"the magic and untouched part of Tuscany.
You'll bike along solitary back roads on the edge of the hills, reaching the most enchanting villages and breathtaking spots of the region: Montisi, Asciano, Trequanda, S. Anna in Camprena, Pienza, and Bagno Vignoni.
Highlights of this trip include: wine tasting, pecorino cheese tasting, a private guided tour in Pienza, thermal baths in Bagno Vignoni, and wonderful inns and restaurants.
A real off-the-beaten track, non-touristy adventure with a concentration of great, unforgettable rides.
$2860 per person
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights
- Distance traveled: 20-30 miles per day
- Area: Val d'Orcia
- Nearest city: Siena
- Tour type: Road touring
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Season: May - October
- Number of participants: 2-7
- Minimum age: 15
- Fully guided: yes
- Support vehicles: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
Pick up in Florence or in the Chianti and transfer to Locanda dell'Amorosa in Sinalunga, the most exclusive and charming hotel in the area. Warm up ride in the afternoon for a first taste of the hills! Then enjoy welcome aperitifs in the wonderful garden and dinner at a local restaurant.
Dinner: Le Coccole dell'Amorosa Accommodation: Locanda dell'Amorosa
Today's ride is one of our favorites. Lone cypresses, lunar landscape, golden ochre... This is "Terra di Siena," the magic and untouched part of Tuscany. You'll bike along solitary back roads on the edge of the hills, reaching the most enchanting villages and breathtaking spots of the region: Montisi, Asciano, and Trequanda. Wine tasting along the way at one of the best wineries of the area. Unforgettable!
Dinner: Restaurant Il Conte Matto
Accommodation: Locanda dell'Amorosa
Transfer day. Bold cypress trees line your route through the Val d'Orcia to the Pienza area. Pecorino cheese tasting at a farm along the way. Afterwards, head to Pienza where, in the afternoon, you'll enjoy a private guided walking tour of the town.
Dinner: Free night for dinner on your own
Accommodation: Il Chiostro di Pienza
Today a wonderful ride through the Senesi Hills will take you to Bagno Vignoni, a medieval village founded by the Romans and famous for its hot spring water. A rewarding thermal bath after all that biking will make you feel like never before!
- Pick up/drop off in Florence or surroundings
- Accommodations at the best Tuscan villas and inns of the region, all with pools
- All breakfasts, one picnic lunch, cold drinks and snacks along the way
- Two dinners with unrestricted menus, one free night for dinner on your own
- Maps and detailed route directions
- Van support and baggage transfers
- Wine tasting and pecorino cheese tasting
- Private guided walking tour of Pienza performed by a local licensed guide
- 27-speed high quality hybrid bikes, helmets, water bottles and handlebar bags
- Small groups for personalized service